Written by Admin
Thursday, 19 August 2004
Here’s a list of some of the ways you can help (you may think of others!):
- Volunteer Coordinator – someone to co-ordinate the volunteers!
- Media / Public Relations coordinator. Do we have any budding reporters out there?
- Welfare Officer.
- Disability Liaison Officer.
- Competitions Secretary – ensuring we are kept informed of all the galas and competitions.
- Funding and Sponsorship – looking towards seeking funding and sponsorship.
- Schools/Youth Group Coordinator - are you a teacher, member of a PTA, member of a youth group?.
- Join the Swim21 team (further details on our website or contact John Norcross – main pool coach).
- Club shop – help required.
- Tidying up the club room.
Galas (home and away)
- timekeeping (we’ll send you on a course)
- Judging (we’ll send you on another course) - turn judge / finish judge / stroke judge.
- Starting (we’ll send you on yet another course!).
- Refereeing (there’s a course for this too!).
- Helping to set up and put away afterwards (anyone over 6ft for helping with the backstroke flags!)
- Stewards – making sure swimmers are in the right race at the right time and know what they’re doing
- providing refreshment for officials
- Card stewards & runners.
- Pool helper (Minimum age 14).
- Assistant Teacher (Minimum Age 16).
- Teacher (Minimum Age 18).
- Club Coach.
- Taking the register of swimmers attending lessons (to free the teachers up to teach).
- Helping swimmers at the start of the lessons to find a pair of fins (flippers) that fit!
- Help putting out /putting away the equipment (flags/lane ropes/pull buoys/kickboards).
- Spring Sprints and Club Championships – look out for the list on the noticeboard requesting helpers of all sorts.
- Organising social events for parents and swimmers.
- Small Pool Gala Organiser.
- Being available in the foyer to answer queries (especially from new parents).
If you can help with any of these positions then please contact any one of the Saracens’ committee or any of the coaching staff or any of the grown ups wearing the black Saracens Polo shirts.
Alternatively, get in touch at
Last Updated ( Sunday, 22 May 2011 )