The Club Championships are open to all Club members.
The rules of the Club Championships are decided by the Committee.
The organisation of the Club Championships is the responsibility of the Gala Secretaries.
Entry shall be at the discretion of the Gala Secretaries, eligibility will be:
• existing Club members will have paid their full membership fees by 1st October of the same year.
• membership fees for ‘new members’ must reach the membership secretary by 1st August of the same year.
• Squad swimmers who pay the reduced fee are only eligible to participate in the championships on the condition that they have competed on behalf of Saracens in a minimum of four galas during the preceding year.
Ages are as at the last day of the competition.
Age sections are:
• Junior – up to 11 years (inclusive)
• Senior – 12 years and above
9 years/under 50m Back, Breast, Frontcrawl, 25m Butterfly, 100m IM
10/11 years 100m Back, Breast, Frontcrawl, 50m Butterfly, 100m IM
12/13 years 100m Back, Breast, Frontcrawl, Butterfly, 100m IM
14/15 years 100m Back, Breast, Frontcrawl, Butterfly, 100m IM
16 and Over 100m Back, Breast, Frontcrawl, Butterfly, 100m IM
Age Group Cups are awarded to swimmers (Boys and Girls) who gain the most points in their own age group. Points to be awarded to final finishing positions in each event as follows:
|1st||7 points||4th||3 points|
|2nd||5 points||5th||2 points|
|3rd||4 points||6th||1 point|
Points may be accumulated from the four single stroke events and the 100m Individual Medley i.e. 5 events. In the event of a points tie the cup will be shared.
Championship Cups are awarded to swimmers (Boys and Girls) in the Junior and Senior sections who have gained the most points. In the event of a points tie, the cup will be awarded to the swimmer with the fastest time in the Individual Medley.
The Saracens Anniversary Cups are awarded to the Boy and Girl swimmers with the fastest times in the Junior and Senior Individual Medley events.
The galas will be held during the autumn of each year. All events will be Heat Declared. Times will be recorded for each individual swimmer and medals/trophies will be awarded for each age group.
Presentations will be made at the Annual Presentation Evening.
Committee of Saracens
Hazel Grove and Bramhall ASC