1. What information will we use?
To support your association with Hazel Grove & Bramhall ASC (“the club”) we collect information about both the member and emergency contacts.
- For the member: this information includes name, address, phone number(s), email address, gender, date of birth and information about any medical conditions which the club need to be aware of as it could affect your ability to train with the club.
- For emergency contacts: the information includes name, phone number and email address.
Historically the club has collected data about its members on ethnicity and school, this information is no longer required.
2. How will your information be used?
As a competitive swimming club your information is held to enable us to administer the club, provide a safe environment for our members to train and to assist with participation in galas. For the latter we may need to share information with other parties and organisations to aid in organisation of galas. See also the ‘Who will we share your information with?’ section below. Specifically, we use your information to:
- operate the club and communicate effectively with our members, for example to notify you when your membership is due for renewal. We may also notify you of exceptional circumstances where club sessions are cancelled. In general, there are 2 main notification channels:
- Email: generally administered by the Membership Officer or Chairperson
- SMS: we store your name, phone number and email address on a club Google Account to enable our Vice Chairman to send SMS messages. This service is maintained by the Membership Officer.
- inform you of upcoming galas, whether internal, Intertown league or external galas that the club supports (i.e. Tadpoles)
- provide information in support of the club shop. Informing you when the shop is available outside of scheduled opening.
- occasionally (once or twice a year) we may inform you if an officer of the club is participating in an event raising money for a worthy cause, giving you the opportunity to support them.
3. The period for which we will keep your information
We will keep your information for as long as is necessary for us to fulfil the purposes that we describe in this policy. As a general rule, however, we will keep the information you provide when you register with the club, together with any updates you make to that information, for the duration of your association with the club:
- digital information will be archived for a period of 12 to 24 months after resignation;
- non-digital information will be securely destroyed (shredded) within 12 months of resignation;
- some information (attendance) will be kept for reporting purposes. This is held against name and date and carries no uniquely identifying information.
4. Who will we share your information with?
We share information relating to the running of the club and for participation in galas.
- Internally we share information with the Team Managers and gala organisers. This information includes name, gender, date of birth, contact information (phone numbers and email address).
- Medical information is shared with the poolside coaching team where that information is deemed necessary for the wellbeing of the member.
- All swimmers are registered with Swim England. This allows the swimmer to participate in external galas but is also a requirement for the swimmer to be covered by our insurance. The information shared excludes emergency contact details and medical information. Swim England have their own data protection policy which can be found here
- External gala organisers; members who take part in galas where participation is arranged through the club will have specific information shared with the gala organiser. Generally, this is limited to name, gender and date of birth, or age on a specific date.
5. What rights do you have in respect of your personal information?
You have the right to be informed
We have a legal obligation to provide you with concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible information about your personal information and our use of it. We have written this policy to do just that, but if you have any questions or require more specific information, you can get in touch using Contact Us section of the website.
You have the right to ask us to confirm whether or not we hold any of your personal information. If we do, you have the right to have a copy of your information and to be informed of the following:
- Why we have been using your information.
- Who we have shared the information with.
- How long we envisage holding your information.
In order to maintain the security of your information, we will have to verify your identity before we provide you with a copy of the information we hold.
The first copy of your information that you request from us will be provided free of charge, if you require further copies we may charge an administrative fee to cover our costs.You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
You have the right to be forgotten.
PLEASE NOTE: if you object to the club using your information and withdraw your consent to our holding and using your data in the manner laid out in this policy, then we cannot support your membership of the club.